Last Modified: September 28, 2018
The site is owned and operated by Outlets Ocean City, who we refer to, together with our affiliates, as “us”, “we” or “our”. When we refer to “you” and “your” in this notice, we are referring to you as a visitor to and user of the site.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
- How We Collect and Use YOUR PERSONAL Information
What is Personal Information? Personal information refers to information that we can use to personally identify a specific individual. Different states (and countries) define personal information (and similar terms, such as personal data, personally identifiable information, and PII) to include different things, but it generally includes information like your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and billing information. It may also include your computer or mobile device IP address, if that IP address can be linked to a particular person, or geo-location information, again if that information can be used to pinpoint a specific person.
How and Why We Collect Personal Information. Our site does not automatically collect personal information. You are in control over whether you provide us with any personal information, or other information that you may consider sensitive, through the site. If you are not comfortable with providing any information, you should not provide it. That will affect our ability to provide you with services through the site; however, that is your choice.
If you choose to provide it, we may obtain personal information from you in the following ways:
- Our “Contact Us” Features: When you send us an email using any “Contact Us” or similar page or link on the site, we will have access to your email address and any other information you choose to include in the message. We will use this information to respond to your inquiry, and, if you have signed up to receive updates, to send you our newsletters and other promotional materials.
- Registered Customer Information: You have the option to sign up for loyalty programs and similar customer offers on our site. When you create this type of account, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, ZIP Code, birthdate, and gender. The information that you provide as a subscriber will be used in to manage your program membership, to provide you with special offers, and otherwise to communicate with you about our services. The demographic information we collect (such as ZIP Code, birthdate, and gender) are used so that we can serve you content that we believe is targeted to your particular interests.
- Other Information. If you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, or interactive area of our site, we will collect any personal information that you include as a part of your participation.
We may also use the personal information we collect through the site to help us customize your user experience, to increase the convenience of accessing tools and features of the site, and to provide you with information regarding our products and services, and other related products and services, including those we may offer in the future.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information? We will keep your personal information only for as long as we need it in order to use it for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a longer period is required by law.
- How We Collect and Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information
What is Non-Personally Identifiable Information? Non-personally identifiable information, also called NPII, refers to information that is not and cannot be used to identify a specific individual. This may include information about the statistical characteristics of the visitors to our website. While this information may define how you fit into a particular group of people, it is not unique to you, and it cannot be used (without other information) to specifically identify you.
How and Why We Collect NPII. In general, you can visit our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We do automatically collect certain information as you browse our site, but the data we collect in this manner is limited to “browsing data,” which is data that is automatically collected by the computer systems responsible for the management and operation of the site and the use of Internet communication protocols. This information may be used to understand how you use the site, which pages you visit and what content you view. We do not use this data to personally identify you.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that, such as by having your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or choosing to turn off all cookies. This can be done through your web browser settings, and because each browser is different, you should look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to modify your cookie settings. If you do disable cookies from your browser you may not be able to access certain sections of the site and this may make your experiences on the site less efficient.
- HOW AND WHY WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates and business partners so that we or they may provide you with periodic mailings regarding products, services, or events. If you do not wish for us to share your information in this manner, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may provide information, including personal information, to our trusted service providers who use that information only to conduct business on our behalf. For example, they may handle our data management and email distribution. We provide these service providers only with the information they need to perform their services, and work with them to respect and protect your privacy.
- We will share personal information with third parties for other purposes if we have your express “opt-in” consent to do so.
- We may share information with data analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, to compile statistics and perform analyses intended to improve our site experience.
- We may share information, including personal information, in connection with, during negotiations of, or as a part of the closing of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, litigation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about the users of our site is among the assets transferred.
- We may shared de-identified information, such as demographic information or aggregate information, with our advertisers and marketing partners for business purposes, such as the development of marketing campaigns.
We do not sell, rent, or lease any personal information that we collect about you through the site to anyone for any purpose, other than as disclosed.
- SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our site may offer social network and similar sharing features, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn buttons, which let you share information related to the site through other media. Depending on how you use those features and your settings with the social network provider(s), the information you share will be available to others, including your friends and/or the public. For more information about how your information may be shared through those social networks, you should review the privacy policies of those social networks.
- DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
Currently, certain browsers, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer, offer a “do not track” (or, “DNT”) option. This option, using a technology known as a DNT header, sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s DNT preference, if any, set on the browser. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals. We cannot make this commitment because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Some content or applications on our site are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. This includes content provided by our tenant retailers, such as information about employment opportunities, store sales and events, and other retailer-specific information.
We cannot control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- Our Security Measures
We use a variety of industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information, including measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Your personal information is contained behind secure networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Unfortunately, no electronic data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we believe that we use reasonable measures to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted or otherwise provided to us or received from us. This is especially true for information that is transmitted via e-mail that is unprotected until it reaches our servers.
- How to Manage Your Information
General. You can always opt out of receiving communications from us by contacting us at us at email@example.com. However, please note that notwithstanding your email preferences, we may need to contact you as required by law or regarding legal matters.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Residents. California law permits individuals to request certain details about our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If are a California resident and you would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
- A Special Notice about Children
The site is not directed to use by persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If employees who are parents believe their minor children have improperly accessed the site and provided any personal information, or if you otherwise have any reason to believe that a child under 13 has accessed the site and provided any personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our site is generally intended for a United States audience. If you are visiting this site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our site is operated. We make no representation that the practices we describe are compliant with the laws of other jurisdictions, including laws that apply to the collection, use, disclosure, and security of personal information.